Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Week One: AI 2009 The Year of the Poseur

Just give it to Adam already, will ya? I mean, he brought it, and then brought it some MORE with Black or White (side note: I kept waiting for him to do the head/morphing movies like from the video).

The theme from tonight was Michael Jackson songs, Now With Less Creepiness! Lil kicked off the night with “The Way You Make Me Feel,” eliciting many “THIS is how to start off a season”s from the judges. However: worst pants ever. Blind Guy Scott played some MJ song I’d never heard of on the piano, and how cute is his little sister jumping up and down and clapping? The cute kid quotient on this show is higher than I’ve ever seen it. Next up: awkward dancing from Danny “Glasses” Gokey with “PYT.” I loved his awkward, white-boy dance moves, as did Randy.

Good Ol’ Oilman Michael sang some schmaltzy slow song, showing his sensitive side (say that three times fast). Simon joked that he only wished he knew what Michael did for a living. Michael didn’t get the joke. He is not long for American Idol. Jasmine sang a Mariah Carey/Michael Jackson song, but looked pretty much like a robot the entire time. I hadn’t seen Kris Allen before tonight, but HEART. He did a guitar’d version of “Remember The Time,” and though Simon thought it was weird, I loved it. I’ll vote for you, cute blonde wife or not!

Allison got newer, shorter, purplier hair. I missed Anoop’s “Beat It,” which by all accounts is a lucky break for me, not so much for Anoop. I guess it sucked? Odds are he is going home tonight. Jorge followed up that trainwreck with some slow ballad-y song. This was a serious lull in an otherwise strong night of performances, especially since Megan came up next. Let me just say: awful. She is probably also going home tonight. She sang “Rockin’ Robin,” and I felt like I was at a carhop. She also shouted “caw caw” at the end of her song. WTH? She’s Vote for the Worst’s pick.

Adam. “Black or White.” Enough said.

Justin Timberlake Giraud
sang “Human Nature” on the piano. I had this song stuck in my head all evening afterwards, although I can’t sing it for the life of me this morning. Finally, my girl Alexis Grace! I hope you dialed carefully for her, and didn’t dial “866-IDOLS-13” because that would have been BAD (http://twitter.com/RyanSeacrest/status/1305557317). She did some naughty rock song, the judges had no time for comments because the show was running over, so I hope she makes it!

Word on the street is TWO people are getting voted off tonight, so I guess they both get their five bucks back. My guesses: Anoop/Mike V, Megan/David C.

No comments:

Post a Comment